Hi, I’m Justin Jackson
This year, in 2018, I’m building a new podcasting startup with my friend Jon Buda. It’s called Transistor.fm. If you need podcast hosting, let me know!
I also run MegaMaker (resources for indie entrepreneurs). This is what’s paying the bills while I build Transistor! My offerings include Marketing for Developers and Jolt, which have sold 6,000+ copies.
I’ve been working with SaaS companies since 2008. I was the Product Manager at Sprintly and Mailout, and have consulted on marketing & growth for startups in London, San Francisco, Boulder, and Portland.
My blog, podcasts, and videos focus on topics like product marketing, traction, finding out what people want, idea validation, and mental health.
Get my newsletter here:
Get my newsletter 👉
🗒️ Startup stories, lessons, and tips.
📆 Sent on Saturday mornings.
☕ Read it while you drink your coffee.
My work has been featured in:
- Unconventional bootstrapping: round 1
- The hidden cost of bootstrapping
- Is this a good idea?
- Why many products struggle, and only a few succeed
- Bootstrapper’s paradox
- This is a webpage – by far the most popular thing I’ve written, it’s been translated into 16 different languages and was featured by Net Magazine, Smashing Magazine, A List Apart, The UX Podcast, Rands, and T3N Magazine.
- Focus on your own shit – my most popular piece on Medium.
- Things I’ve quit doing at my desk – this post was later published on Lifehacker and in the Hacker Monthly magazine.
- We are not normal people – who should we make things for?
- Heads Down – was featured on Adobe’s 99u, and in Fast Company.
- I’m a f*cking webmaster – a nostalgic piece about the early internet. Featured on CBC Radio’s Spark.
Justin Jackson on the web:
Published on May 29, 2018
The cool thing about buying from independent makers is your dollars get invested directly in their families. ? pic.twitter.com/aSHbqbplXp
— Justin Jackson (@mijustin) July 15, 2016