Just had one of my awesome newsletter readers ask a great question:
I'm curious as to how well your pre-orders perform. I've never done one as I can't see a huge benefit. Would rather go all out during the actual launch period. Thoughts?
I've done pre-orders for nearly every product I've launched. That's how I launched Marketing for Developers, and that's how I'm launching my new book, Jolt.
I like it for a number of reasons:
- It helps me get real feedback from real people willing to spend real dollars.
- It helps build anticipations + buzz for the actual launch.
- It rewards people already on my mailing list.
- Early readers write early reviews.
- It relieves my launch anxiety ;)
I generally do pre-orders for a limited time. For Jolt, I'm giving people a special $9 price until July 23, 2016 (the book launches on the 30th).
Photo by Mike Licht.
Pre-order Jolt for $9