Hi, I’m Justin Jackson, @mijustin on Twitter.
I’m the former Product Manager at Sprint.ly, and have consulted on marketing & growth for startups in London, San Francisco, Boulder, and Portland.
In 2015 I decided I wanted to make my own stuff. I published his first book, Marketing for Developers. Currently, I’m working on MegaMaker and Remote Workers Club.
I host the MegaMaker podcast, and was also behind these shows: Build & Launch and Product People.
When I’m not at a computer, I’m chasing my 4 kids and spending time with my wife in Vernon, BC.
You may be interested in some things I’ve written. Here are some notable excerpts:
- “This is a webpage” – my essay on the importance of words. By far the most popular thing I’ve written, it garnered over 200,000 pageviews in the span of two weeks, and was translated by readers into 16 different languages. Featured by Net Magazine, Smashing Magazine, A List Apart, The UX Podcast, Rands, and T3N Magazine.
- Things I’ve quit doing at my desk – this post was later published on Lifehacker and in the Hacker Monthly magazine.
- How remote work changed my life – here I talk about my experience with remote work. Later re-published on The Next Web.
- We are not normal people – who should we make things for?
- Twenty dollars in an envelope – an interview with my friend Jason Fried, on how he got his start in the software business.
- Heads Down – one of my pieces on @Medium. Was later featured on Adobe’s 99u, and in Fast Company.
Video & Audio:
- I host two podcasts: Build & Launch and Product People
- My interview with David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH of 37signals and Basecamp)
- Self-publishing hangout: Four eBook Authors Share Their Self-Publishing Tips & Strategies Live
- Why you should build your own digital products (Okanagan Developers Group)
Things I’ve Made
- Secret Makers Society
- Tiny Marketing Wins
- Marketing for Developers
- Product People Club
- Network Effects (collab with Marty Dill)
- Amplification + The Hacker News Handbook
- The Product Hunt Handbook
- Follow me on Twitter: @mijustin
- Add me on LinkedIn
- I have an email newsletter where I write about building software and digital products. Subscribe now
- You can email me at words [at] bizbox.ca
(Looking for a different Justin Jackson? Here’s a basketball player, and a baseball player with the same name as me)
Tiny Marketing Wins
Get a small, actionable marketing tactic in your inbox every workday!