The tools I use
Here are the tools I use, ordered for importance. To me, “important” means: “how I make my living.”
- WPengine and WordPress – at the end of the day, I make money from my words. It’s where I’ve built my reputation.
- Digital Ocean – all my apps and coding projects are deployed here. I like it way better than Heroku.
- ConvertKit – my newsletter is where I build relationships, and earn trust. This is where I’ll share what I’m learning, and ultimately ask people to buy.
- Podia – Podia is an all-in-one selling platform for solopreneurs. It’s where I sell my digital products: downloads, courses, and books.
- ScreenFlow – I believe the future of my business is in video + video courses. I’m in ScreenFlow almost every day. Sometimes I use it to “hijack audio” during interviews. Sometimes I use it to edit video. It’s getting a lot of use.
- Reedsy – after trying iBooks Author and Pressbooks to write my books, I’ve finally settled on Reedsy for writing, layout, and publishing of ebooks.
- Simplecast – my podcasts have been one of the biggest ways I’ve built authority and reputation. Simplecast is dead simple, and has great analytics. Plus, it’s cheaper than what I was paying Amazon S3 to host them!
Those are the big ones. I’ll continue to add / modify this list as I think of other things.
Product & Traction
Get product marketing tactics every week.
Designed for SaaS, software, and digital product businesses.