How do you consume digital media?Written by Justin on January 11, 2012
Sometimes I’m surprised by the “form factor” of digital media. For example, I rarely bother with podcasts that are under 30 minutes long, because I listen to them in the car. Here’s how I consume digital media:
In the car
- Podcasts: 45 minutes to 1 hour is perfect
- Lately I’ve been using Skitcher on my iPhone to stream podcasts, continuously, while I drive.
- Music, almost always MP3s on iTunes.
- Haven’t had time to check out streaming services, like Rdio, yet
- I can’t focus on work and listen to podcasts at the same time
At the gym
- If I’m lifting weights, music, on my iPhone (Mp3s).
- If I’m on the bike, video podcasts (30 minutes to 45 minutes is perfect)
At home, work nights
At home, weekends
- iPad reading with breakfast: Zite, Flipboard, Edmonton Journal
- Video podcast: I watch one video podcast on Saturday or Sunday: CBC News “At Issue” political panel
How do you consume digital media? Do you listen to podcasts? When and where? Do have a favorite web show?
Product & Traction
Get product marketing tactics every week.
Designed for SaaS, software, and digital product businesses.