Hi, I’m Justin Jackson.
I’ve been building things with computers since 1985. I was a BBS SysOp at age 12. I sold my first product in the 10th grade. I built my first website in 1993. Now, I’m the Product Manager for a profitable web app, and the host of the Product People podcast. I’m passionate about building products that delight customers.
I live in Vernon, BC with my wife and 4 kids. (Yes, I said 4). For fun, I ride bikes, snowboard, and drink fine beer (sometimes all at the same time).
You may be interested in some things I’ve written. Here are some notable excerpts:
- “This is a webpage” – my essay on the importance of words. By far the most popular thing I’ve written, it garnered over 200,000 pageviews in the span of two weeks, and was translated by readers into 16 different languages.
- Things I’ve quit doing at my desk - this post was later published on Lifehacker and in the Hacker Monthly magazine.
- Twenty dollars in an envelope - an interview with my friend Jason Fried, on how he got his start in the software business.
- Heads Down – one of my pieces on @Medium. Was later featured on Adobe’s 99u, and in Fast Company.
Video & Audio:
- I host a podcast called Product People
- My interview with David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH of 37signals and Basecamp)
- Self-publishing hangout: Four eBook Authors Share Their Self-Publishing Tips & Strategies Live
- Why you should build your own digital products (Okanagan Developers Group)
Products I’ve built
- Follow me on Twitter: @mijustin
- Add me on LinkedIn
- I have an email newsletter where I write about building software and digital products. Subscribe now
- You can email me at words [at] bizbox.ca
(Looking for a different Justin Jackson? Here’s a basketball player, and a baseball player with the same name as me)