Jam packed with salt-of-the-earth advice and instruction. I'm going through with pen and paper, taking detailed notes.Shawn Blanc
Tired of shipping projects that fail to get traction?
This book will teach you everything you need to get started:
- How to build something people want
- How to set up your website and analytics
- How to build momentum before you launch
- A launch plan and checklist
- How to get more leads after you launch
Using step-by-step instructions, you'll learn market research tactics that help surface solid product ideas. Armed with this research, you'll be able to create your product with confidence, knowing that you're meeting a legitimate need. No more guessing!
You'll also learn how to grow a launch list from the moment you start building your product. Don't worry about launching to crickets. This time you'll have people waiting to purchase your product on day one.
Get a free sample chapter
Sign up for my mailing list, and I'll send you a free PDF from Marketing for Product People.
This guide is packed with tactical advice.Rob Walling, @robwalling
Table of Contents
- 1 Hello World
- 7 Define Your Goal
- 11 Build Something People Want
- 11 How to succeed
- 16 Finding your audience
- 25 Research
- 31 Target their pain
- 39 The Lean Marketing Stack
- 39 Overview
- 46 Setting up Segment
- 54 Using Google Search Console
- 59 Using Google Analytics
- 67 Using Mixpanel
- 77 Before You Launch
- 77 Two marketing channels to focus on
- 81 How to write blog posts that get noticed
- 87 How to build an email list
- 92 Set a price
- 97 Launching
- 97 How to build a street team
- 102 Your launch plan
- 106 Your launch checklist
- 109 After Your Launch
- 109 How growth works
- 115 Get more leads
- 127 Guide your leads through the funnel
- 138 Close the deal: ask for the sale
- 155 Closing Thoughts
Get Marketing For Product People
Launch your digital product with confidence!
Tutorial Videos + Interview Videos + eBook + Special Bonuses
Build something people want. Learn how to set up your web site and analytics. Get the launch checklist. And, follow the launch tactics to get your first 100 customers.
Perfect for makers who:
- Are looking for an idea
- Just built their product, but haven't launched
- Just launched, but need traction.
The PDF is 160 pages. There is also an ePub, Mobi and web version. You will be emailed your username + password after purchase.
Click here to see a preview of what the book looks like.Close this popup
Inteviews with Des Traynor (Intercom), Sacha Greif (Discover Meteor), Brian Casel (Audience Ops), Jarrod Drysdale (Tiny Designer), Marc-Andre Cournoyer (Coded Inc), Nir Eyal (Hooked), Tracy Osborn (Hello Web App), Nathan Barry (ConvertKit), Sean Fioritto (Sketching with CSS), Garrett Dimon (Sifter), Dan Norris (WPCurve), Brennan Dunn (Planscope)Close this popup
Inteviews with Tracy Osborn (Hello Web App), Nathan Barry (ConvertKit), Sean Fioritto (Sketching with CSS), Garrett Dimon (Sifter)Close this popup